August 8, 2011

Inspiration!! Dance!

I want to talk about inspiration!!  For years and years I would spend an obscene amount of time online just staring at photos, blogs, website layouts, knitting projects, recipes, etc.  I would look and look and look for hours thinking that I was soaking in ALL this inspiration but I wouldn't complete a single task.  I still look online and check blogs basking in what others are doing and the majority of the time I do think- "Oh, I'm not creative enough to do that" or "I'm not talented enough to get to that point".

But now, I'm trying to think a bit differently.  When I look up dance videos and see people going nuts and just busting loose I try not to think, "I'm way too old for that, my body simply can't move that way" instead I push the couch and coffee table out of the way and go at it.

Here are some videos that inspire me like crazy.









I have so many more favorites but I'll save them for another post.  Right now I need to take advantage of Jbear's nap and pretend I'm one of Justin Timberlake's back up dancers!!


This week I'm going to be talking a lot about my inspiration- photographers, blogs (and bloggers), style and more.  I hope you'll join me and divulge what inspires you!

5 comments:

  1. The reason I like taking Zumba classes is because it gives me an excuse to dance like crazy, without worrying about looking silly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an Itunes playlist of Michael Jackson songs that I dance to in the living room. I cannot hear "P.Y.T" without wanting to get up and dance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow those videos just brought back some old memories haha!
    xox dana
    thewonderforest.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rebecca- YES it's amazing how your inhibitions get lost during a zumba class... love it!!!

    Kerri- AHHH P.Y.T that was a must play at our wedding!!

    Dana- I know... it's so fun watching videos from middle school and high school years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wait... I'm not that young. I was actually in college when that Missy Elliott song came out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! You can always email me at cynthiathat@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...