August 15, 2011

My Affinity for Dates of All Kinds.

I have a really great memory for dates (and what I wore) but not much else.  Thank goodness for archived livejournal posts to help me remember everything else.  So, yes I can remember dates and the days they fell on like nobody's business.  It's like my party trick- so if somebody asked me, "Cynthia can you tell me which day of the week was August 12th 2000?" I would be able to reply (without looking at any calendars), "Why, it was a Saturday!"  I bet you're thinking, "HOLY COW this girl knows how to party!!!"  It's true, I do, I really really do.

So, speaking of August 12th 2000... That's the day I met Joel.  I can't say that that is the day we met each other because he actually doesn't remember meeting me on that day.  He thinks the first time we met was in February 2001.  This was information I learned well after we started dating.  I don't care I still remember that Saturday night fondly.  Never would I ever imagine that going up to Connecticut to visit my friend Kellyn would lead me to meet the man I would one day marry, even if he didn't remember me.

Aaaaaand this is what I wore on August 13th- 11 years and 1 day after I met my crush, long distance boyfriend, no distance boyfriend, husband, father of my child (11 years and 1 day after the day he doesn't remember meeting me).

81311a.jpg
Cardigan: F21,  Jeans: Urban Outfitters, Sandals: Vera Wang at Kohls

Joel rounded up some of his friends and their girlfriends and wives and we had ourselves a quadruple date with pizza and beers (although my beer was Foxon Park birch beer... I love it!!!).  It was so much fun getting out and spending time with friends.  I only whipped out a photo of the Jbear when asked.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I love your colorful outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the stripes with the blue top.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! You can always email me at cynthiathat@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...