To celebrate my father in law's birthday we headed out to a spot that Joel and his family used to go to years and years ago. These images are some of the scenes I hope my son remembers of his childhood. I could go here every day. I've been missing Philly a lot lately, wishing we could live there again but not have to be so far from our families. I also miss Long Island and my mom and wish I could live 5 minutes from her. This day at the lake was so wonderful- it definitely help start a love for where we live now.

I couldn't believe that bringing the pack and play actually worked and that Jbear napped outside under the trees.

He just couldn't stay away from the water.
I've daydreamed about places like this. It makes me think of summer camp even though I never went to summer camp (if there was an adult summer camp with time to make friendship bracelets and puffy painted t-shits I'd be there in a heartbeat).
ummm, there IS. http://www.squamartworkshops.com/
ReplyDeletei love the lake. the one i grew up on was much more developed than this, but it is just so nice to be next to the water.
Nature is such a healing thing.
ReplyDeleteI'd so be up for an adult summer camp too. Sounds amazing.
I would totally go to adult summer camp with you. ;-)
ReplyDeleteum, I want to go to adult summer camp tooooo!
ReplyDeletebut seriously, this looks like such a peaceful place to be, and it looks like j is going to be a total fish, which is awesome. as is finding things to love about where you live now. :)
-et
That place looks awesome! And it doesn't surprise me that Jonah took a nap under the trees. He's such an agreeable kid...
ReplyDeleteok adult summer camp sounds freaking fabulous!!! can we all chip in and make that happen next summer. i am so for real right now.
ReplyDeletewho is in??