August 12, 2011

Hey JBear... slow down son!!

Jonah is closer to 2 than he is to 1.  It's such an odd thing to think about (even though I do kind of think of those things for myself... but I'm a weirdo, this we know) but parents are constantly baffled by how fast time goes. And it seems apropos to continue to count the months (since SO MUCH happens each and every month) and to reflect the closer (or farther away) our child is from a particular milestone.

I once had a brand new baby and that's what I spent 9 months preparing myself for.  Now, I have a kid who walks and "talks", knows what he wants, WANTS what he wants, chooses to listen or ignore me, and basically looks like this now:

81111a.jpg
It would be easier to handle my kid growing up if he didn't look 2x his age.

81111b.jpg

Exactly one year ago, he looked like this:

81110a.jpg

I held a 3 month old baby last night and kind of forgot what it was like to have an infant.  I wonder if that happens with a lot of parents.  One of Joel's friends (who has a 2 1/2 year old and a 6 month old) asked if our boy was eating solids yet- he was 13 months at the time, haha.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that never did I ever imagine there would be a time that I would need to look this up

4 comments:

  1. Your son is beautiful! I always remark at how much kids grow and one of my mom friends always says "well, they don't get smaller." And that is kinda true!
    Beautiful boy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:17 PM

    when did he get so big? he's such a little man now. an adorable one who looks so full of energy, even on the screen.
    et

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kid has awesome hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE the photo of him with the sippy cup up to his mouth. adorbs. and that picture from one year ago is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! You can always email me at cynthiathat@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...