May 17, 2011

Bathing Suit shopping. In other words HELP!!!!!!!!!

I briefly mentioned that I needed to do the most fun thing in the world- post baby bathing suit shopping. I did wear a bathing suit last summer but it was for Jonah's swimming lessons and I certainly wasn't hanging out on a beach. The last time I went shopping for a new suit was in 2007, right before my wedding, and I was 15 lbs lighter than I am now. I went last night and honestly it wasn't the worst thing. I went into the dressing room smiling feeling positive and I guess the fake reenforcement worked, at least in keeping my mood up. I walked away with an idea of what I want. Everything was either too short on me or lacking in support. I love being tall but I can't stand having a long torso. Remember when those ribbed tanks from the Gap & Old Navy came in a longer length? They were just hitting my waistband. When I was pregnant I couldn't use maternity tanks because they were still short and just ended up using tank dresses from H&M (as a top).

Anyway, back to swimsuits. I tried on this one:
Picture 2.<span class=
It's by La Blanca and I really liked the overall fit and how it disguised my belly but for $93 just for the top I couldn't justify it, especially since it didn't support me on top too well and was a tad too short.

Picture 3.<span class=
I loved how the bottoms fit and the ruching on the top.

Picture 4.<span class=
Then I tried this one by Jantzen because I loved how it looked online. In person it was incredibly short and if I yanked it up any higher I would have given myself the most unpleasant wedgie! Wait, wouldn't any wedgie be unpleasant. Moving along...

So now I'm back online looking for something that will give me the support I need on top and something that isn't too incredibly boring. I think it's inevitable that I need a tankini because one piece suits will probably always be too short on me.

Picture 5.png
I saw this one from Land's End but thought the boobie cups looked weird and wished for something around the midsection. I also read that it runs a bit short.

Picture 6.png
And then I came across this other one from Land's End but they only have it in black. I don't mind black but I am just SO pale.

Can anyone help?!!! Anyone have a tankini that they LOVE? Or a one-piece that doesn't cut off circulation at the legs?

6 comments:

  1. Have you tried victoria's secret? They have bra top tankinis that should provide some support, they also have some suits with hold-you-in paneling. I have always been really happy with suits from them :) (plus returns are easy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so so much! I am actually making an order right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red one, so I'm sad it didn't work out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I feel your pain. I just got back from Florida and spent a week in a bathing suit (post baby). I got mine from Target. They actually have some really cute one pieces & tankini's.... for a really reasonable price!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:50 PM

    Every time I get a lands end or ll bean catalog I think that I should order one of those tankinis.. but then I don't. I'd need to order the top and bottom separately because the size my hips require usually ends up having wayyy too much space for my almost-nonexistent boobs. bathing suits are mean. I don't know where else to tell you to try... I have a suit from target from last year that was in that same retro style though, and it fits pretty decently.
    -elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you checked out target? Not the teeny-bopper suits, but the Merona suits? I got a super hot black pin-up-like suit last year that is INCREDIBLE. I can wear it strapless (with DDs!!), or with the strap, and I have a really long torso & it fits me wonderfully. Try target! It was the last store I hit when looking for a suit, & I ended up scoring 2 really great suits for $35/ea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! You can always email me at cynthiathat@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...