Hello! I’m Jodi from Jodi McKee Photography and I’m so happy to be filling in for a day while Cynthia is on vacation.
Over the past two months, I’ve been lucky enough to travel to Austin, TX, San Francisco, CA and Washington, DC. I thought it might be fun to give you my favorite things to do in each city.
First up, Austin. If I were only there for one day, I would be sure to have at least one meal at Torchy’s Tacos and take a nice photo walk up and down South Congress.Delicious tacos at Torchy’s
Bottle cap art in a gallery on South Congress
A brightly colored wall on South Congress.
Just one day in San Francisco? Man, that’s a rough one.
I would start by heading over to the Exploratorium. It is possibly the most fun museum EVER. Highly recommended. Stop for a drink and a bite to eat at Liverpool Lil’s and then take a drive through Golden Gate Park. Be sure to get out and stop a lot along the way. It is a seriously beautiful place. Finally, as the sun begins to lower in the sky, be sure to make your way to China Beach. It is a magical little spot. Not to be missed.
Fun for all ages at the Exploratorium
Liverpool Lil's on Lyon Street.
Pretty California poppies in Golden Gate Park.
Dusk on China Beach
One day to spend in Washington, DC?
Start off with a tour of the U.S. Capitol Building and then take
a stroll past the White House. Grab a bite to eat at Logan Tavern
on P Street and then walk over to Logan Circle
to admire all of the gorgeous homes. And while you’re in DC, be sure to take a
ride on the Metro. It always feels so futuristic to be down on the platform there.
The majestic dome of the U.S. Capitol building.
My dream house on Logan Circle.
The space-age DC Metro
Hope you enjoyed my picks! Thanks again to Cynthia for having me over.
Thank you so much Jodi!! Check out Jodi's site for more of her kick ass photography.
man, I wanted to go to all of these places before... but now I want to go more than ever. sigh.
ReplyDelete-elizabeth