May 15, 2011

new love and sticker hearts

I woke up on the 15th (may 2009) touching my belly feeling overwhelmed (ha, that's part of the song To Zion- "... I touch my belly overwhelmed by what I have been chosen to perform") and so incredibly blessed that this was happening. Although I couldn't walk 2 blocks without seeing a baby and giggling to myself (or to Joel) like a baby crazed woman, we were not trying to get pregnant. But here I was looking down the road ahead of us knowing that it was time, this was our new plan.

I knew I wanted to take a photo that morning. I wanted to stop time and record the swirls of feelings going on in my head.

At that time I had just discovered the blog Color Me Katie and was totally digging her joyful & radiant quirkiness. I think that kind of influenced the purple sticker on my cheek. When I posted that photo on flickr I added the lyric- "I've never been in love like this before", however no one but Kristin and my best friend Kate knew what was going on.

sentimental and sappy
A year later I decided to include the boy (4 months at the time) responsible for all this craziness.

51511b.jpg
Two years later, the boy is still amusing me with my silly antics.

51511a.jpg

dorky moms love votes too!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:01 PM

    you are SO pretty. the color of your eyes is just so amazing. (and, of course, so is this story. i completely adore this type of tradition, especially that it was secret at the start.)
    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! You can always email me at cynthiathat@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...