I've been thinking about trimming Jbear's bangs but was afraid to screw it up. I also didn't want to bring him to a kiddie salon because I was afraid they would just keep cutting and cutting. I love my son's curls but the front hairs are so straight. And I can't have my baby looking like an emo kid.
So I trimmed the teeniest bit of hair even though I gasped when I cut into his baby locks.
Now it just curls up and is out of his face. You can't even tell that he even got a little trim, it just looks like the curls started to bounce up a bit more.
So here we are at Trader Joe's and my kid is freaking out because the banana we gave him to eat is all gone and he wants more. It's impossible to pass by the bananas without having him see and scream, "BADA BADA BADA" so I usually cave and give him one while I peruse the trail mix section.
My kid has also become obsessed with apple sauce. I don't know how we made it out of the store without 5 packs of apple sauce.
These photos were taken the day before we were supposed to evacuate in anticipation of Hurricane Irene. I was feeling rather anxious and needed a distraction so we stopped and took some photos. Totally normal right? I have been meaning to go take pictures in this one location so with the light being so pretty it seemed like a good time.
These photos also showcase what I've been wearing the better part of the summer. In the morning I don't even think twice- cut off shorts and a t-shirt. I do love my skirts and dresses but I'm kind of obsessed with my cut offs this summer. I got these men's gap jeans at a goodwill for 8 dollars and kept cutting til I found the length I liked!!
Your son has the most enviable curls, even post trim! Love your easy summer style, and I do love scrabble bit always lose to my husband!
ReplyDeletehis hair looks great and totally natural. you did good mama! have fun on your trip and man little J bear is quite the traveling man. one lucky little boy. have fun.
ReplyDelete