February 28, 2012

a trip to the toy store

(Part 1 of this story)
When I was pregnant with Jbear (a few months before we even found out we were having a boy) Joel and I were walking around the city and stumbled into a store selling everything related to babies and kids.  It was so early into the pregnancy that thoughts of cribs, high chairs, and the like weren't on our radar quite yet.  But I just didn't want to leave the store empty handed.

We stood in front of a wall of stuffed animals and went back on forth on which one to choose.  I don't know what it is but I LOVE plush toys.  I always knew I didn't want a house full of plastic and loud kids stuff (which I've kind of stuck to) but stuffed animals get me all the time.  I am truly surprised my son doesn't have a crib full of them.  Anyway.... we finally decided on a monkey.

22712a.jpg

I remember coming home with the monkey sweetly wrapped in a gift bag and just thinking, "what did we just buy and who is this monkey for?"  When the nursery did come together I would place the monkey on the crib thinking how one day our baby will be here.  Although Jbear is obsessed with his bear that his Auntie in London got him and could care less for this monkey- he means something to me.  Two people clueless about the journey ahead of them innocently making their first purchase for their soon to be baby.

Last week I was 17 weeks into my second pregnancy and just realized that I would like to pick out another stuffed animal.  But wouldn't it be sweet to have the, soon to be, big brother do it?!!  So we headed to the toy store:

22112d.jpg
Very eager to look at the "animals"

22112e.jpg

22112b.jpg
Joel and I had our favorites but we decided to let J make the final say.

22112c.jpg
decisions, decisions!

22112a.jpg
A little moo cow for himself (although on the ride home he kept baaa-ing because he thought it was a sheep).

It sounds so silly... picking out a stuffed animal as if Jbear truly knew the meaning behind our excursion. But it meant so much to me!  My baby boy is going to be a big brother and now he is part of the story- the preparations and excitement over our growing family.  And grow it will!!!

22712b.jpg
So here are Jbear's choices.  It's not that we let our son pick two animals out of indecision.  He picked one for each sibling.

Twin Sonogram001.jpg
We're having twins!!!

21 comments:

  1. ahhhhh!!! twins! congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deanna!! My husband and I will randomly shout "Twins" at the most random time because we're still in shock.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. hahaha!!! it's crazy!

      Delete
    2. You will have to write your about your reaction when you found out it was twins. I can't even imagine that moment!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:31 AM

    holy! moly!!!! congratulations x 2, cynthia! that is AWESOME :D xo nic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah we're totally excited!!! thanks girl!

      Delete
  4. Holy Shit! I am currently knocking on the door of 30 weeks with our second pregnancy but it is a single occupancy situation! Super congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even imagine how big I'm going to be at 20 weeks let along 30! I'm very excited to see if your J is going to have a baby brother or sister.

      Delete
  5. FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that you had him pick out new stuffed animals for his new siblingS! (holy shit. i just can't believe it) so sweet and you'll be able to tell them about it one day and that's just the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was SO hard not to lead him towards the ones that Joel and I wanted but he was set on the piggy and the doggie. They are pretty cute though!!! I still want to pick out my own but it seems like overkill right now.

      Delete
  7. Oh goodness! Congratulations!!!! What a sweet story and a beautiful surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much!!! It was indeed such a wonderful surprise.

      Delete
  8. yay! i randomly think "twins!!" to myself when i think about you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pictures and awesome photography.

    Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg! YAY! congrats to you guys...holy wow. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. SQUEEE!!! Oh wow, how exciting! Congratulations to your whole family!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing, just amazing! And I love how you told the story too, what a shock! Congrats Cynthia :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome sauce. i love watching this unfold through your eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such wonderful news and a cute story! Congratulations, to the whole family! TWINS !!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! You can always email me at cynthiathat@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...