February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

As I've mentioned before, I LOVE Valentine's Day.  My dad made it special for me by always getting me my own box of chocolates.  My sister in law would make this crazy mousse and whipped topping concoction.  My friends and I would get each other carnations that would be handed out during school (one year I was the one delivering carnations and I would sneak extras to my best friends).  For me it was never about having a boyfriend to buy you huge stuffed teddy bears or roses.  I don't see Valentine's Day as a Hallmark holiday where you suddenly tell the person you love that you...um, love them.  I am very vocal with expressing my love to the loves in my life all the time.  I just like an excuse to overdose on pink and red and STRAWBERRY FROSTED EVERYTHING!!!


21312a.jpg
I kept adding each decoration little by little.  Joel asked me when I thought I would actually be done seeing as it eventually has to come down.

2712e.jpg

21412c.jpg
apple and banana hearts for the Jbear (he also had a cupcake)

21412b.jpg
but he wanted some of my breakfast too, to which I replied, "Lay off kid" but felt bad and cut him a tiny piece anyway.  Joel has gotten me a strawberry frosted donut and a bagel with strawberry cream cheese on February 14th since 2004.

valentine's breakfast 2011.jpg
my breakfast last Valentine's Day

21412a.jpg
"pean bunner" and jelly sandwich.  I should have cut out the heart myself instead of using a cookie cutter on soft bread.

21412d.jpg
mmmm so so good.  I knew I had to make these cupcakes when I saw this on pinterest.  I topped them with a strawberry cream cheese/ buttercream frosting.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

In case you missed my obession:
Making Valentine's with my boy.
The decorating has begun.

6 comments:

  1. Someone gave me one of those heart donuts at work today. yum.
    Happy valentines day to u guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see the fun that has gone into celebrating Valentines Day at your house! I just commented on Bianca's A Little Delightful to thank her for the meringue idea and I was drawn to your comment above mine. Your profile pic makes you look like someone who is enjoying life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had heart donuts for breakfast too and it was so great. and i totally agree with you on valentines day now.. although i definitely didn't feel that way in years past. (I actually hated/was more bitter on valentines days when i was dating people, because they were duds than when i was single). but this is so fun and so pretty and happy pink. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i SO miss having the kids at home to make these days so special. now school gets all the good parts... i love your whole day. and all your decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the heart shaped stuff is lovely as can be!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! You can always email me at cynthiathat@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...