April 16, 2009

And ode to a dear friend

One of my greatest friends is celebrating her birthday today.  Although I am not with her giving her hugs every 5 seconds thanking her for being my friend all these years; I am celebrating in my own way.  Kate is one of those friends that you hold onto forever and EVER.  I don't think I could have made it through my years at Marist College if it weren't for Kate.  It's a continuing joke how our friendship even started seeing as we had absolutely NOTHING in common.  We spent a lot of time together though during college: talking for hours on end, her cooking- me eating, going to the movies, Kate singing along to any and every song she knew, heading into the city for concerts, spending time in the library her studying- me staring out the window, and me teasing her about pretty much everything.  I still wonder how and why she put up with me during that time but I am so grateful that she did.  I even got a wonderful and willing model out of her during my photography courses.  

I didn't finish school at Marist College but I will always be grateful for my time there.  It is where I met one of the most wonderful women I will ever know.  9 years later and we still don't have very much in common but a true understanding, respect and love for one another.  I couldn't ask for a better friend than Kate.  Happy  Birthday to my dearest friend!!!!


I love you girl and I can't wait to see you soon.  

1 comment:

  1. You're so sweet to me Cynthia! Thanks for the lovely post. The pictures turned out great! That was a fun day. I look forward to many more times of hanging out in a park and taking pictures...possibly one day of our kids doing cartwheels!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! You can always email me at cynthiathat@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...