March 6, 2012

Finding Out

So we found out this weekend that the twins are a girl and boy!  I simply can't believe it.  It was so much fun having our families together to share in the excitement.  When we found out we were pregnant back in November I entertained the idea of waiting til birth day to find out the gender although Joel was totally against that.  However, when we were hit with the surprise that I was carrying twins well then, I knew there was NO way I could wait.

We had a gender reveal party when I was pregnant with my son and it was so much fun!  But I always thought, with our second pregnancy, that Joel and I would go in for the ultrasound, have the technician write down the results and then we would open it together at a romantic restaurant.... or in the car in the facilities parking lot.  Being pregnant with twins changed that again.  I liked having another excuse to have our families get together.

If you google gender reveal parties you will come across a slew of photos and videos of cake cutting and balloon releasing and elaborate decor.  Those ideas are so cute but not for us.  I really liked just opening the envelope and laughing maniacally while Joel held up the results in my hysteria.  We were all set to do the exact same thing this time around but I got another idea when we went to the toy store 2 weeks ago.  I saw a rack of ugly dolls and thought what if we get one each in a corresponding color (pink or purple for a girl or girls and blue or green for a boy or boys).  We would go to the store and if the employees didn't understand what I was talking about we would scratch that idea... but they understood and didn't look at me like a crazy person (I understand if you have NO idea what I'm talking about- just watch the 90 second video below to see what I mean).  Joel kept threatening to open the envelopes before the party so we left them and the wrapped ugly dolls in the car for safe keeping.

The next day our families got together and immediately wanted to get the party started but I wasn't in a rush.  I had photos to take and everyone's guesses to jot down.  I could could go on for days with photos and videos (and maybe I even will) but right now I'll just share the video my nephew took (he shot the video from 2.5 years ago too) and some photos my father in law captured.



I love the giggles coming from my nephew!  Jbear is not a huge fan of my screaming and enthusiasm.  The poor guy was so distraught by the time I announced the 2nd baby.  I can't help but smile when I hear everyone giggling and laughing and just cheering away.

3312a.jpg
I couldn't contain my excitement.  My gigantic teeth make an appearance in every single photo from that day.

3312b.jpg

3312c.jpg
A big smile from Joel and more jumping by me.  My whole body ached the day after.

Oh man, what a special day it was!  I am SO excited to meet my babies but I want them to keep on growing and take their time!  I have no words to describe the blessing that I feel.  

14 comments:

  1. oh my gosh. i totally teared up when you got so excited about the pink. :) haha....your poor little boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah my son is not a fan at all when there is continuous loud clapping or cheering. But now that he is watching the video with me he keeps saying, "Scream!" Because he wants to watch it again. haha.

      I was really hoping for boy & girl twins so i really couldn't help myself!

      Delete
  2. Oh man, this is the best and made this hormonal gal cry like whoa. Congratulations to you and to your family. This is so exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I didn't mean to make you cry :) I cried on the way to my in laws house knowing in a few hours I would know who was growing inside.

      Delete
  3. We can't wait either!! PS. My fave part of the video my sister took is seeing Mimi jumping up and down with her fists in the air! She is hilarious! (We couldn't see her from Skype) :) Sooo happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindy, I love Lauren's video but I couldn't edit it since it's on your dad's computer. I love how Mimi and I were almost mimicking each other with our actions.

      Delete
  4. I love your enthusiasm! So fun! and YAY for having one of each!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOOOOOOVE that pic of Joel at the end. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pinky Arteca12:52 PM

    We were so happy and blessed to have witnessed this event. Thank you so much for waiting for us. As our families continue to grow, our love becomes an endless sharing of God's joy. We love you. I will send you our pics & videos when we get back to Florida. Cuidate mamita!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

    poor j bear all upset by momma's reaction...

    congrats this is so super fun.

    now names!!!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE!!!! you excitement is contagious! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ketmala11:09 PM

    Awww! I love that you posted the reveal, felt like I was there too! Thanks Cynthia.
    We cannot wait to meet with your twins -girl & boy soon.
    Hugs & Kisses to you, Joel, Jonah & a little belly rub for the babies-to-be.
    Ketmala & family

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:50 PM

    What a great reveal! I have such a big smile on my face after watching the video. Congrats again to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations! what a blessing and a joy to have one of each.
    xo
    mer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! You can always email me at cynthiathat@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...