If I was a writer I would have written a book about my mother; or at least a poem. There is just so much to say about this woman who let me sleep next to her when I was scared of the dark, who ran back and forth during my dance recitals for my numerous costume changes, who taught me to look in the mirror and say, "Hot damn!" no matter what, and who has the the prettiest blue eyes I've ever seen.
My mother is in Florida right now visiting my grandmother so I won't be seeing her for Mother's Day, but I will be thinking of her and giving thanks for the most wonderful woman in my life. I really wish I had a recent photo of my mom but the last time I was home *somebody* feign sickness and didn't allow any photos. So here is a "semi" recent photograph of my mother taken by my Tio Eduardo.

The photograph above has always been a favorite of mine and inspired me to do my own version.... an ode to my mom.

Happy Mother's Day! I love you mommy.
Hi munchi thank you for the lovely words, I am thankful also to have a very beautiful, loving and smart daughter. I am very proud of you and your photographies talents. I love from here to argentina!!!! te quiero mucho mom
ReplyDeleteyour mama is stunning and obviously did more than right raising you! great photos of you and her you should dip one of you and that one of her and frame them side by side. and maybe on the back wriet "hot damn!" i LOVE that. will start that tomorrow with casey. ;)
ReplyDelete