November 1, 2011

Remembering

My grandfather passed away 5 years ago today.  Today I am celebrating him in my own way- wearing his belt that he gave me (my grandfather was pretty crafty with a needle and thread and shortened the belt to fit me) and baking (and eating) meringues since they were his favorite treat (and circus peanuts, but those are gross).

11111a.jpg
Dress: Old Navy,  Belt: Pagu,  Tights and Socks: Target,  Boots: Madden Girl via DSW,  Bangles: F21.

11111b.jpg

11111d.jpg

11111c.jpg

11111e.jpg

11111f.jpg

Now I'm off to my Zumba class to work off the ridiculous amount of sugar I just ate in 5 minutes.  I have a problem and can't let anything I bake cool down.  I ate 3 meringues before I even transferred them to a plate.

Don't forget to enter the Shabby Apple giveaway- it ends tonight!

3 comments:

  1. This is a sweet post! My Grandma loved circus peanuts too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So does JBear love the meringues?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely post :) lovely outfit... that looks like exactly something id like to wear for a day with my son but wanting to look lovely also :)
    Rachel
    http://yummymummysgalore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! You can always email me at cynthiathat@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...